- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Francisco
JobStar Recommends for Great Resumes
150 Templates - 800 Sample Elements
Sample resume by permission of the author of Ready-Made Resumes.
325 Hillegass Blvd.
Berkeley CA 94705
Objective: Position as a Supermarket Checker or Head Clerk.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
RELEVANT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 15 years experience in the grocery industry as head clerk, checker, and cashier.
- Excellent reputation with customers as a competent, knowledgeable and helpful professional.
- Enjoy my work and consistently greet customers with a smile.
- Honest, reliable, and productive.
- Developed a reputation for excellent customer service by:
...acknowledging the customer's presence and making eye contact;
...greeting customers in a friendly manner, and giving them full attention;
...taking time to answer a question or find someone else who could.
- Served as product expert on sophisticated items, directing customers to:
...exotic spices and ingredients ...ethnic foods ...unusual gourmet items.
- Increased sales in the higher-profit Natural Foods Department (and increased customer satisfaction) by advising customers on bulk alternatives to name-brand items.
- As Head Clerk, managed "front end" of the store:
...Prepared daily schedules for staff of up to 18 clerks, to assure maximum check stand coverage at all times;
...Assigned staff to cover peak hours and continuous stocking.
- Trained new clerks.
- Balanced checker's cash drawer with consistently high level of accuracy.
- As Office Cashier for one year:
...accurately balanced books and balanced deposits
...answered phones ...prepared daily sales report ...made deposits
...processed returned checks ...prepared monthly sales report for HQ.
|1994 - present||Retail Clerk, journeyman||CO-OP SUPERMARKET, Berkeley, CA|
|1993||Buyer's Assistant||LILLY Department store, Oakland, CA|
|1989-93||Manager's Assistant||WALLACE Clothing Store, Spokane, WA|
Business Classes, 1989 - SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE